The Government Procurement Service becomes Crown Commercial Service (CCS)Date: Thu 6th February 2014
Following the Governments mandate in July 2013 to streamline procurement, The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is now active and it brings under one roof The Government Procurement Service and other buying services. Please read below for an explanation of the CCS key objectives;
The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is a new commercial service for Government, acting on behalf of the Crown, to drive savings for the taxpayer and improve the quality of commercial and procurement activity across the public sector. CCS brings together, as one organisation, Government Procurement Service, the commercial function of the Cabinet Office, and common goods and services procurement and commercial management currently undertaken by departments. Its vision is to deliver value for the nation through outstanding commercial capability and quality customer service.
Its key objectives are to:
1. Centrally manage the procurement of common goods and services through an integrated procurement function at the heart of government; harnessing government’s unique buying power to deliver maximum taxpayer value and help cut the deficit.
2. Improve the management of common but complex procurements by providing flexible specialist resource, via a complex transactions team, to work with departments and reduce the reliance on external resources.
3. Allow customers to focus on the commercial activity that is truly unique to them
4. Strengthen the procurement profession and improve commercial capability across government.
5. Improve supplier and contract management across government.
6. Work closely with the wider public sector to ensure that the benefits of aggregation and centralisation are shared across the public sector to maximise savings for the taxpayer.CCS is an executive agency of the Cabinet Office and operates as a trading fund set up under the Government Trading Funds Act 1973.
Their value for money, commercial procurement solutions are fully EU compliant saving customers time and money across a range of areas: energy, travel, fleet, office solutions, communications services, print, professional services, ICT, eCommerce, construction, research and facilities management & property.
Back to News